Moroccan Chickpea and Lentil Soup Recipe:
1-2 tbs olive oil
1-2 onion diced
1 tsp or ground ginger
1 tsp ground turmeric
1 tsp cinnamon
1-2 tsp salt for soup broth
Opptional- 1/2-1 tsp of oregano or poultry seasoning for soup broth
¼ tsp pepper
2-3 large tomatoes diced or chopped
7 ½ cups of water
¾ cup brown or green lentils rinsed
1 cup chickpeas (rinsed, presoaked)
Cilantro and/microgreens Chopped and diced
1. In a soup pan, heat olive oil in a stockpot. Add diced onions and stir. If you want to go Oil Free you totally can. Just skip to step 3, add diced onions, go to step 2 and follow the remining steps.
2. Add ginger, turmeric, cinnamon and stir
3. Add 5 1/2 cups of water stir. Pour in lentils and chickpeas. Bring to a boil. 10-20 mins
4. Add tomatoes, salt and pepper to taste (add more salt & pepper if needed) and reduce heat to a dull boil/simmer
5. Add the remaining water as needed/desired
6. Once chickpeas and lentils are cooked the soup is ready to serve.
Add carrots or cauliflower
Swap out cinnamon for 1/2 tsp Coriander, 1/2 tsp cardamom, ¼ tsp nutmeg (add cumin if desired)
Serve as a soup with chapati, naan or tortillas
Serve over rice with a small green herb and lemon salad
10/14/2022 12:29:15 am
Not public use travel. Political one yeah respond popular commercial never.
Leave a Reply.